We know letting a property can be time-consuming and costly. To assist landlords with managing their lettings, we offer a dedicated service to check inventory on their behalf.
Here’s how it works:
- We create a document known as a ‘schedule of conditions’ for your property. The document includes detailed descriptions of the condition of the property. We cover a vast range of different areas that include:
- The condition of walls, flooring, electrics, and plumbing
- A full inventory of appliances
- A full inventory of furniture is included with the rental, along with a statement on the general condition of this furniture
- Details of any existing damage to the property, furniture, or appliances. This includes issues such as scuff marks on walls or dents in the superficial exterior of appliances.
The ‘schedule of condition’ document is your protection when entering into a new lease. It states in detail the condition of your property before extending a lease to a tenant. It also outlines any penalties that the tenant is liable for should your property not be respected. For example, standard wear and tear are allowed. Wear and tear are inevitable in any rental, whereas outright destruction will carry financial penalties.
- Once a lease has been agreed,we’ll walk your tenant through the entire property. We’ll ask them to sign all the relevant paperwork to confirm their agreement with the terms that have been outlined in the ‘schedule of conditions’ document. The agreement confirms the current state of the property is to be maintained throughout the tenancy. It ensures the tenants understand their obligations. We’ll also ensure that they are aware of the potential penalties if they fail to meet these obligations.
- At the end of the tenancy, we will conduct a thorough inspection of the property. If we find unreasonable damage or destruction, we will deduct the appropriate penalty from the tenant’s deposit. We will then arrange for repair work to be completed, if necessary.
Get in touch and find out how you can benefit from our inventory verification service.